[SciPy-dev] matplotlib cookbook wiki on scipy.org ?

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu_r at users.sf.net
Thu Jul 28 13:21:18 EDT 2005

    John> I wanted to setup a wiki for matplotlib where I and others
    John> can post snippets, recipes and howtos.  Is the scipy wiki an
    John> appropriate place for this?  Eg, a link under "Topical
    John> Software" to "MatplotlibCookbook".  As a cookbook, it could
    John> potentially create a lot of pages; presumably authors might
    John> want to upload images as well, so it might also consume more
    John> bandwidth and storage than typical wiki pages.

I think it is a good idea to put these things in the scipy pages
(whereever appropriate).  This also makes it easier for folks to edit
content since their existing logins will work and they won't have to
maintain yet another login/password elsewhere.  Overall I think it
would be cool if more folks do this.  More eyeballs, more folks
editing related pages.

I don't know what the others think about this though.

cheers,
prabhu