Splitting c.l.py...

Patrick Phalen python-list at teleo.net
Fri Jul 7 21:01:44 EDT 2000

[Tim Peters, on Fri, 07 Jul 2000]
:: Can't speak for me mates at Luxurious PythonLabs World
:: Headquarters, but I'd like to apologize for my own lack of participation on
:: c.l.py over the past several months!
<snip>
:: When things settle down, at least I intend to resume harassing c.l.py.  And
:: there's already a great deal of development discussion on Python-Dev that
:: *should* be on c.l.py.

Thanks for expressing this, Tim. You've been missed. Then, to compound
matters, I read the following Advogato diary entry from the effbot the
other day and truly began to wonder if the good old days were gone:

"""

                Just noticed that the Python version of the eff-bot has been online for five years (give or take a few days).

                To celebrate this anniversary, I've decided to shut down the comp.lang.python newsgroup eff-bot!

                (Frankly, it's been a while since c.l.py was the most interesting place in Pythonia, and it's no longer the endless
                source of positive energy it once was.)

                But to avoid offending anyone (or everyone ;-), lets just say that five years is a very long time on the net. It's
                time to find other channels for the eff-bot.

                Onwards!
"""