Splitting c.l.py...

Stephen Hansen stephen at cerebralmaelstrom.com
Fri Jul 7 21:54:57 EDT 2000

Okay, I've noticed people mentioning 'eff-bot' for awhile now.. and
I have one question.

What the heck is the eff-bot?! :)

--Stephen
Patrick Phalen <python-list at teleo.net> wrote in message
news:0007071815170C.03526 at quadra.teleo.net...
> [Tim Peters, on Fri, 07 Jul 2000]
> :: Can't speak for me mates at Luxurious PythonLabs World
> :: Headquarters, but I'd like to apologize for my own lack of
participation on
> :: c.l.py over the past several months!
> <snip>
> :: When things settle down, at least I intend to resume harassing c.l.py.
And
> :: there's already a great deal of development discussion on Python-Dev
that
> :: *should* be on c.l.py.
>

> Thanks for expressing this, Tim. You've been missed. Then, to compound
> matters, I read the following Advogato diary entry from the effbot the
> other day and truly began to wonder if the good old days were gone:
>
> """
>
>                 Just noticed that the Python version of the eff-bot has
been online for five years (give or take a few days).

>                 To celebrate this anniversary, I've decided to shut down
the comp.lang.python newsgroup eff-bot!

>                 (Frankly, it's been a while since c.l.py was the most
interesting place in Pythonia, and it's no longer the endless
>                 source of positive energy it once was.)
>
>                 But to avoid offending anyone (or everyone ;-), lets just
say that five years is a very long time on the net. It's