Splitting c.l.py...

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Fri Jul 7 14:54:14 EDT 2000

[Bjorn Pettersen]
>  *) Is there a forum for developers? This list seems more for
>     users isn't it ?

[Andrew Kuchling]
> It is now, because most of the core developers lack the time to keep
> up with python-list.  Still, starting more core discussions may lure
> some of them back.

Since I work for PythonLabs now, I guess that makes me a "core developer" by
definition <wink>.  Can't speak for me mates at Luxurious PythonLabs World
Headquarters, but I'd like to apologize for my own lack of participation on
c.l.py over the past several months!  The personal and professional demands
of closing down one job, starting another, and moving to a new state have
just been crushing.  Still are, alas.  And Guido got socked at least as hard
by the combo of getting married and trying to disentangle all the webs
binding Python to CNRI so that we can be *effective* at BeOpen.  At least
his marriage has worked out so far <wink>.

When things settle down, at least I intend to resume harassing c.l.py.  And
there's already a great deal of development discussion on Python-Dev that
*should* be on c.l.py.

if-you-can't-find-what-you-want-on-one-newsgroup-it's-not-likely-you'll-
    be-twice-as-successful-with-two-ly y'rs  - tim