Why make a language case sensitive?

aek at aek.dk.bbs aek at aek.dk.bbs
Sun Jul 16 17:10:14 EDT 2000

> > ill take a look at it, although my guess is that I will stick with
> > Ultra Edit until I get around to making my own editor
>=20
> If we all combined our efforts on "Boa Constructor", "wxDesigner" and
> "PythonWin", we may just already have everything we need to kick every =
other
> language's or IDE's rear-end... : )  Do you have an URL for Ultra =
Edit?
> You've sparked my curiosity..
www.ultraedit.com should do make sure you look udner downloads, =
wordfiles
there is one for Python too, but it is only keyword coloring - it is far =
from perfect...
but I find it nice to work with, one of the main things is the tab pane =
- I often work=20
with 10-15 files, and for that a tabpane is a must...

> > > I'm sorry, I don't follow...
> > I was just showing off :-)
> > saying yes var is the way you do it, when you do it in
> > JavaScript/JScript, and at the same time saying that
> > I know JScript inside out
>=20
> Ah, I think I could have used a little comma after "it is", as in
>=20
> "It is", said the man who knew the language inside out.
>=20
> rather than my interpretation:
>=20
> It is said that the man knew the language inside out.
>=20
> ...a little different, isn't it?  : )
sorry :-)
I sometimes forget to think about punktuation

> > yes the 125 wasn't much fun - I haven't looked at 132 yet,
> > I have been busy developing a major online consumer database in
> > ASP/Jscript, I actually considdered using Python but I couldn't
> > figure out how to set the values Session and Application Objects...
>=20
> I also thought 125 wasn't too good, but that's because I thought I had
> grabbed the latest version...  132 is a big improvement, you really =
should
> try it!
I will one of the comming days

> > aye one thing only - and of course I know the question, isn't
> > that what we earthlings are here for? ;-)
>=20
> Yeah, but our planet was destroyed five minutes before the =
"computation" was
> complete.
thats what they think... you must remember they expected to hear the =
ansewer from
the dolphins, but what they had not expected is that a single human =
being would figure
it out long before the dolphins, and be unable to communicate with the =
dolphins...

--=20
Anders Eggers - Krag