Why make a language case sensitive?

PM vtbl.moorepe at memo.volvo.se
Tue Jul 18 11:42:19 EDT 2000

I don't see why ENFORCING case sensitivity precludes the use of naming conventions.
If the restriction was lifted, I think it would help in the development
phase, especially when it comes to guessing method names.
Later you could always go back and straighten anything glaring out, anyway.
I don't think that if things were relaxed you would find heaps of uGly
And WEird lAnguAge Usage. This could be dealt with, anyway.

With case anal-retention annoying errors and obfuscation (accidental by
a newbie or deliberate) are easier to create.
Oh I get it!  :)
No seriously, I think there is a case for case relaxation. I say  R e l
a x.