Why make a language case sensitive?

olivierS.dagenaisP at canadaA.comM.bbs olivierS.dagenaisP at canadaA.comM.bbs
Sun Jul 16 17:00:15 EDT 2000

> ill take a look at it, although my guess is that I will stick with
> Ultra Edit until I get around to making my own editor

If we all combined our efforts on "Boa Constructor", "wxDesigner" and
"PythonWin", we may just already have everything we need to kick every other
language's or IDE's rear-end... : )  Do you have an URL for Ultra Edit?
You've sparked my curiosity..

> > > it is said the man who knew the language inside out :-)
> > I'm sorry, I don't follow...
> I was just showing off :-)
> saying yes var is the way you do it, when you do it in
> JavaScript/JScript, and at the same time saying that
> I know JScript inside out

Ah, I think I could have used a little comma after "it is", as in

"It is", said the man who knew the language inside out.

rather than my interpretation:

It is said that the man knew the language inside out.

...a little different, isn't it?  : )

> yes the 125 wasn't much fun - I haven't looked at 132 yet,
> I have been busy developing a major online consumer database in
> ASP/Jscript, I actually considdered using Python but I couldn't
> figure out how to set the values Session and Application Objects...

I also thought 125 wasn't too good, but that's because I thought I had
grabbed the latest version...  132 is a big improvement, you really should
try it!

> aye one thing only - and of course I know the question, isn't
> that what we earthlings are here for? ;-)

Yeah, but our planet was destroyed five minutes before the "computation" was
complete.