Python in game development?

Mallor mallor at 3DProgrammer.com
Wed Jul 19 04:59:08 EDT 2000

"Jorrit Tyberghein" <Jorrit.Tyberghein at uz.kuleuven.ac.be> wrote in message

> In the Open Source Crystal Space 3D engine we are working on a framework for
python
> scripting. It is already working reasonably well but you cannot yet do
everything
> that you'd want to do from a python script.

Why did you choose Python as opposed to any other scripting language?  In
particular, what are your experiences so far with efficiency issues?  This seems
to be a knock against Python from the articles that I read, but of course the
efficiency of a language implementation can be a moving target, if the
developers have their priorities set in that direction.

--
Cheers,             Infernal Troublemaker                    Troll
Mallor              "By simple mistake, mortals themselves amuse."