Python in game development?

Jorrit Tyberghein Jorrit.Tyberghein at uz.kuleuven.ac.be
Wed Jul 19 03:05:37 EDT 2000

Mallor wrote in message ...
>Are any of you game developers out there using Python as your game engine's
>embedded scripting language?  I am wondering what drove your decision to use
>Python instead of other embeddable scripting languages?  I'd like to hear what
>your overriding concerns were, and also what they are now, having put Python to
>the test.

In the Open Source Crystal Space 3D engine we are working on a framework for python
scripting. It is already working reasonably well but you cannot yet do everything
that you'd want to do from a python script.

Greetings,

Jorrit Tyberghein (Jorrit.Tyberghein at uz.kuleuven.ac.be)
Project Manager of Crystal Space, a free and portable 3D 6DOF portal engine.
More info at: http://crystal.linuxgames.com