Looking for Python programmers--where to search?

Jeremy Hylton jhylton at my-deja.com
Sat Aug 26 14:48:52 EDT 2000

In article <8o8nhl$1r3f$1 at news.tht.net>,
  "D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <darcy at vex.net> wrote:
> And they probably aren't really programmers either.  An earlier poster
> made the point I think.  Ignore languages and concentrate on their
> skills in problem solving, interpreting requirements and designing
> solutions.  If you get the right guy he will pick up Python the night
> after the first interview just because he wants to find out about this
> cool new language that you and your company are excited about.

That's pretty much my experience with Python :-).  I knew Guido was
going to interview me and had heard of Python.  The night before I fly
down to Virginia, I printed out a copy of the tutorial.  I read it on
the plane -- and it was enough to be hooked!

In fairness, I think it took a few months for me to really be
comfortable with Python and its idioms.  I was writing working if rough
code on my first day.

-- Jeremy Hylton <http://www.python.org/~jeremy/>

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.