wxPython building woes

Vadim Zeitlin zeitlin at seth.lpthe.jussieu.fr
Tue Aug 8 13:31:07 EDT 2000

On Tue, 8 Aug 2000 11:44:46 +0200, Alex Martelli <alex at magenta.com> wrote:
>The build.py produces a Makefile that wants to build a dummy.obj
>(from the .env file it sucks in from the wxWindows directories) -- I
>do not understand the purpose of that obj, but it just can't be built
>anyway (no sources for it in the directory I'm working in, per the
>above-referenced instructions).

 Hello,

 dummy.obj (or dummydll.obj) is created during wxWindowx build normally. It's
purpose is to create the precompiled header file (pch) which is used by
everything else, but this is not the point: the question is why wasn't it
created. What compiler are you using? With VC++ it surely is...

 BTW, why do you want to build wxPython yourself? For Win32 you could just use
the binaries.

 Regards,
VZ