GTK/Gnome or TKinker?

Steve Lamb grey at despair.rpglink.com
Thu Aug 3 20:19:37 EDT 2000

    I've decided to embark on a project that I want to be fairly portable
across Unix and Windows.  It will use a GUI and I am having trouble deciding
on which toolkit to use.  I've looked into GTK/GNome and the fact that there
doesn't appear to be a fairly active port to Windows does exactly fill me with
confidence in its continued support

    OTOH is TKinker.  Now, from what I hear TKinker isn't as well developed as
GTK/Gnome so while it appears to have a stable port to Windows taking up
TKinker might mean overall difficulties.

    Does anyone who has practical experience with these toolkits have any
advice?