gratuitous new features in 2.0

Thomas Wouters thomas at xs4all.net
Fri Aug 25 17:20:38 EDT 2000

On Fri, Aug 25, 2000 at 01:00:31PM -0700, John W. Baxter wrote:

> I *suspect* that I won't make much use of print >> ..., but instead keep
> on getting a file(-like) object and using its write().

Note that you can use print with file-like objects, too. I was sceptic at
first, too, which is suprising because I mostly like features proposed by
Barry, but I now think this is a really cool thing.

> Of course, I may change my mind before I start using Python 2 (we're
> staying with 1.5.2 for quite a while...*maybe* 1.6).

That's a pity. 2.0 has so many new features, and bugfixes, and expanded
existing features. But then, I wrote some of those new features, so I'm
expected to really like them anyway :)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at xs4all.net>