gratuitous new features in 2.0

John W. Baxter jwbnews at scandaroon.com
Fri Aug 25 18:04:55 EDT 2000

In article <20000825232037.K16377 at xs4all.nl>, Thomas Wouters
<thomas at xs4all.net> wrote:

[Quoting me:]
>> Of course, I may change my mind before I start using Python 2 (we're
>> staying with 1.5.2 for quite a while...*maybe* 1.6).

> That's a pity. 2.0 has so many new features, and bugfixes, and expanded
> existing features. But then, I wrote some of those new features, so I'm
> expected to really like them anyway :)

The time will come (after 2.0 final) for 2.0 here.  I found it too hard
to have 1.5.? on my machine at home while the company was at a previous
version...code doesn't travel well from home to work that way.

I like most of what I read about 2.0 (probably including Thomas'
portions, although I don't know which are which).

   --John

John W. Baxter   Port Ludlow, WA USA  jwbnews at scandaroon.com