[python-committers] python-committers is dead, long live discuss.python.org

Chris Jerdonek chris.jerdonek at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 18:55:31 EDT 2018

On Fri, Sep 28, 2018 at 2:45 PM, Łukasz Langa <lukasz at langa.pl> wrote:

> There is a user trust system where proven community members get more power
> in time, for example to fix typos and move topics to a better category.

Will committers start out as "proven," or will we need to "re-prove"
ourselves to gain additional privileges? How is the trust evaluation
bootstrapped in Python's case, and who can confer additional trust (e.g.
can it be non-committers, etc)?

*CALL TO ACTION*
> We'd like to heavily test this new forum. As such, I would like to ask you
> to *NOT USE* python-committers for the remainder of the year and direct
> all conversation to Discourse.

I hope this thread about transitioning is exempt from this call to action!
:)

--Chris