[python-committers] python-committers is dead, long live discuss.python.org

Łukasz Langa lukasz at langa.pl
Fri Sep 28 19:47:06 EDT 2018

> On 28 Sep 2018, at 23:55, Chris Jerdonek <chris.jerdonek at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Sep 28, 2018 at 2:45 PM, Łukasz Langa <lukasz at langa.pl <mailto:lukasz at langa.pl>> wrote:
> There is a user trust system where proven community members get more power in time, for example to fix typos and move topics to a better category.
>
> Will committers start out as "proven," or will we need to "re-prove" ourselves to gain additional privileges? How is the trust evaluation bootstrapped in Python's case, and who can confer additional trust (e.g. can it be non-committers, etc)?

Regular users start at trust level 0. Committers are at trust level 3. There is only one more level and this is for moderators and admins of the instance. This models what we had on the mailing lists, what we have on GitHub, and so on. I hope it makes sense.

> I hope this thread about transitioning is exempt from this call to action! :)

This e-mail is specifically re-posted on Discourse so you can discuss it there, too :-)

- Ł