[python-committers] Promote Xavier de Gaye as a core developer

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Tue May 24 19:54:01 EDT 2016

On 25 May 2016 at 01:28, Victor Stinner <victor.stinner at gmail.com> wrote:
>> PS: with respect to Victor's script wish, one of the reasons I'm suggesting
>> paul.j3 is that very few of his patches have been committed, and they
>> should be.
>
> Oh, it looks like a chicken-and-egg issue. We are not enough
> reviewers, but we need reviews to get new reviewers? :-)

Hence the focus on current core developers in
https://docs.python.org/devguide/motivations.html#goals-of-this-page
rather than any of the other roles involved in the development process
- without investment in increasing core developer availability and in
making more effective use of core developers' time, funneling more
patches to the bottleneck faster currently just increases the backlog
of unreviewed patches rather than increasing the number of fixes and
improvements actually applied :)

Cheers,
Nick.