[python-committers] Promote Xavier de Gaye as a core developer

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue May 24 15:03:17 EDT 2016

On 5/24/2016 2:20 PM, R. David Murray wrote:
> On Tue, 24 May 2016 17:28:00 +0200, Victor Stinner <victor.stinner at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> PS: with respect to Victor's script wish, one of the reasons I'm suggesting
>>> paul.j3 is that very few of his patches have been committed, and they
>>> should be.
>>
>> Oh, it looks like a chicken-and-egg issue. We are not enough
>> reviewers, but we need reviews to get new reviewers? :-)
>
> Yes, exactly :)

Xavier's initial series of posts, starting over 4 years ago, were about
pdb and have several unreviewed patches.  (Georg Brandel is listed for
pdb but is not active.  It would be a good target for anyone looking for
an new module to focus on.)  Maybe we should try to concentrate on
people who have submitted multiple patches.

tjr