[python-committers] Proposed core developer for contributing to multiprocessing

Antoine Pitrou antoine at python.org
Sat Jan 10 14:55:53 CET 2015

Le 10/01/2015 14:53, M.-A. Lemburg a écrit :

> Anyway, I think I've made my point now :-) If other committers
> feel that we don't need to have a more welcoming approach to
> new developers, that's fine.

I half-agree with Berker: the number one problem is enough people to
review patches and guide contributors. Being welcoming is not the same
as giving away commit rights in the hope that people will contribute.

I only half-agree because it seems lately we have been having an
attractivity problem. I may be biased, but I see much less interesting
contributions nowadays than 2/3 years ago. Python may be becoming less
exciting compared to Rust / Go / etc.

Regards