[Pydotorg-redesign] how to search the site

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Sat Sep 13 06:53:47 EDT 2003

On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 09:49:50AM +0200, Laura Creighton wrote:
>Has this idea come up before?  It strikes me as obvious.  Will we
>end up hurting somebody's feelings at infoseek if we deep-six it?

+1.  Google already makes it straightforward to add a form to search
your own site with Google (http://www.google.com/services/free.html).

Google requires no sysadmin effort on our part and provides a better
search.  Infoseek is a commercial company that uses Python, which is
good, but wanting to support them is no reason to saddle python.org readers
with weaker search features.

--amk