[portland] Python author wants to speak to Portland-PUG and needs sofa for 2 nights

Luciano Ramalho luciano at ramalho.org
Mon May 11 16:50:28 CEST 2015

Dear Portland Pythonistas,

I am the author of Fluent Python [1] and I'm going to present two
exciting talks at OSCON 2015 (exciting for me, at least...).

[1] http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920032519.do

The talks are:

- Plate spinning: Modern concurrency in Python
- Pingo means "pin, go!": Universal IoT programming in Python

You can read more about me and the talks at my OSCON speaker page:

http://www.oscon.com/open-source-2015/public/schedule/speaker/150170

I've previously presented at PyCon US, OSCON and many Python community events.

I'd live to present one or both of these talks to your group when I am
in Portland for OSCON 2015 from July 22-24.

I'd also like to extend my stay at Portland until Sunday, July 26th,
so I am looking for a place to stay Friday and Saturday night (July
24, 25).

This is not a trade: the offer to speak at a Portland Meetup while I
am in Portland stands, even if I can't find a place to crash Friday
and Saturday. Our dates would just be a bit more limited.

Cheers,

Luciano

--
Luciano Ramalho