[portland] Python author wants to speak to Portland-PUG and needs sofa for 2 nights

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Mon May 11 23:33:28 CEST 2015

> I'd live to present one or both of these talks to your group when I am
> in Portland for OSCON 2015 from July 22-24.
>
> I'd also like to extend my stay at Portland until Sunday, July 26th,
> so I am looking for a place to stay Friday and Saturday night (July
> 24, 25).
>
> This is not a trade: the offer to speak at a Portland Meetup while I
> am in Portland stands, even if I can't find a place to crash Friday
> and Saturday. Our dates would just be a bit more limited.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Luciano

Greetings Luciano --

I will give you first dibs if I can confirm quarters.  I have a spare
room that would work well, but then its former occupant, now in
Nepal may need it for a few days this summer and has yet to
say exactly when (no round trip booked yet).

I have a comfortable wood frame house and plan to be attending
OSCON myself so will be transportation-aware (car or public
are the two options).  My by-then 21 year-old daughter and
86-year-old mom also expect quarters during OSCON but
their space is assured already.  It all depends on Lindsey, an
avid student of Newar / Devanagari language Buddhism who
really wants to stay there for some years -- but needs to tie
off loose ends.

(Portland has lots of Buddhist temples and stuff so none of
this is all that surprising).

In the meantime, the opportunity to enjoy your company would
be fantastic, Fluent Python a great topic!  So if another Pythonista
pipes up with a confirmed location, please do accept.  I don't
want to leave things pending longer than necessary.

About me:  I work with O'Reilly School of Technology as a
Python Mentor.  I deal with hundreds of Python questions
and exercises every week.  I'm very interested in fluency,
improving mine, improving theirs.

Kirby Urner