[Pandas-dev] Tidelift

William Ayd william.ayd at icloud.com
Tue Jun 11 08:57:49 EDT 2019

Just some counterpoints to consider:

	- $ 3,000 a month isn’t really that much, and if it’s just a number that a well-funded company chose for us chances are they are benefiting from it way more than we are
	- There is no such thing as free money; we have to consider how to account for and actually manage it (perhaps mitigated somewhat by NumFocus)
	- Advertising and ties to a corporate sponsorship may weaken the brand of pandas; at that point we may lose some creditability as open source volunteers
	- We don’t (AFAIK) have a plan on how to spend or allocate it

Not totally against it but perhaps the last point above is the main sticking one. Do we have any idea how much we’d actually pocket out of the $ 3k they offer us and subsequently what we would do with it? Cover travel expenses? Support PyData conferences? Scholarships?

- Will