[Pandas-dev] Tidelift

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 04:44:38 EDT 2019

On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 10:15 AM Joris Van den Bossche <
jorisvandenbossche at gmail.com> wrote:

> The current page about pandas (
> https://tidelift.com/lifter/search/pypi/pandas) mentions $3,000 dollar a
> month (but I am not fully sure this is what is already available from their
> current subscribers, or if it is a prospect).

It's not just a prospect, that's what you should/will get. NumPy and SciPy
get the listed amounts too.

Agreed that the NumPy amount is not that much. The amount gets determined
automatically; it's some combination of customer interest, dependency
analysis and size of the API surface.

The current amounts are:
NumPy: $1000
SciPy: $2500
Pandas: $3000
Matplotlib: n.a.
Scikit-learn: $1500
Scikit-image: $50
Statsmodels: $50

So there's an element of randomness, but the results are not completely
surprising I think. The four libraries that get order thousands of dollars
are the ones that large corporations are going to have the highest interest
in.

Cheers,
Ralf