[Moin-user] ACL Groups don't work in MoinMoin 1.7.1-3+lenny5

Markku Tavasti tavasti at tavastisolutions.com
Wed Aug 18 07:15:21 EDT 2010

Hi everybody!

Some friendly person with admin rights had upgraded old virtual server
running older debian for MoinMoin farm. After this, all wikis were down.

Now my problem is I cannot get groups working with acl. Have tried this:

     acl_rights_default = u'MarkkuTavasti:read,write,delete,revert,admin
TestiGroup:read,write,delete,revert,admin All: '
     acl_rights_before = u'MarkkuTavasti:read,write,delete,revert,admin
TestiGroup:read,write,delete,revert,admin '

I get rights as one would expect, but members of TestiGroup cannot
access anything on wiki. Even created one new wiki, but not even there.

Any ideas where and how track this problem?

One option is to install more recent MoinMoin, but apparently GUI editor
doesn't work with python 2.5.2, so I need to upgrade even python?

System Info:

Python Version
     2.5.2 (r252:60911, Jan 24 2010, 14:53:14) [GCC 4.3.2]
MoinMoin Version
     Release 1.7.1 [Revision release]
Global extension macros
     AbandonedPages, Action, AdvancedSearch, AttachInfo, AttachList, BR,
EditTemplates, EditedSystemPages, EmbedObject, FootNote, FullSearch,
FullSearchCached, GetText, GetText2, Hits, Include, InterWiki,
LikePages, MonthCalendar, Navigation, NewPage, OrphanedPages, PageCount,
PageHits, PageList, PageSize, RSSReader, RandomPage, RandomQuote,
RecentChanges, ShowSmileys, StatsChart, SystemAdmin, SystemInfo,
TableOfContents, TeudView, Verbatim, WantedPages
Local extension macros
     NONE
Global extension actions
     AttachFile, DeletePage, Despam, LikePages, Load, LocalSiteMap,
PackagePages, RenamePage, RenderAsDocbook, Save, SpellCheck,
SubscribeUser, SyncPages, backup, bookmark, cache, chart, diff,
dumpform, edit, fckdialog, fullsearch, info, links, login, logout,
newaccount, newpage, pollsistersites, quicklink, quickunlink,
recoverpass, refresh, revert, rss_rc, serveopenid, showtags,
sisterpages, sitemap, subscribe, supplementation, thread_monitor,
titleindex, unsubscribe, userprefs, userprofile
Local extension actions
     NONE
Global parsers
     text, text_cplusplus, text_creole, text_csv, text_diff,
text_docbook, text_html, text_irssi, text_java, text_moin_wiki,
text_pascal, text_python, text_rst, text_xslt
Local extension parsers
     NONE
Xapian search
     Disabled, Xapian 1.0.7