[melbourne-pug] Install ‘conda’ using Debian package manager

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Tue Aug 1 23:01:01 EDT 2017

Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> writes:

> Instead, how can I use the operating-system package manager [to
> install] the necessary tools? I don't see an Anaconda package in
> Debian, and there is no discussion I can find on how to do this.

I see that Debian Stretch (the latest stable release) has packages for
all of:

* Jupyter Notebook (package ‘jupyter-notebook’)
* Scikit Learn (package ‘python3-sklearn’)

So I can install these directly from the operating system package
manager. What more would I need to install to get an environment for a
tutorial expecting me to have Anaconda?

--
 \          “I see little commercial potential for the Internet for at |
  `\                               least ten years.” —Bill Gates, 1994 |