[IronPython] IronPy Tools for VS - Projects

Steve Dower s.j.dower at gmail.com
Mon May 3 00:06:13 CEST 2010

> We have a plan to add the ability to hide individual files.  Maybe we
> need to have a set of wildcards which get excluded?  We could even
> have them both as project-level options as well as a VS-level option.

Automatically including all (relevant) files seems redundant unless
the files are being created outside of VS. For importing an existing
project it's great, but maintaining a project will get messy. Hiding
by file extension would go a long way to helping here, and can I also
suggest respecting the 'Hidden' file attribute (on files and folders)?
This in particular will/should help with most version control systems
that include an extra folder.

>> There also appears to be some interesting things going on with the
>> outlining region tagger, but I'm sure these have been noted already.
>
> There were some bugs here and I thought we fixed them all.  Can you
> give a little more detail?

It seems somewhat unpredictable. The outlining regions occasionally
don't fully appear when either the start or the end of the region is
not visible (maybe my functions are just too long...) and scrolling up
and down causes many to disappear/reappear. Occasionally the following
def is included with the previous function (seems to happen with more
than one unindent at the end of the function) and # comments
'attached' to the following class/def are sometimes included in the
previous region. (While I'm here, another 'nice-to-have' region would
be top-level if blocks, eg. if __name__=='__main__':)

I can make screenshots if you like, but I think there's enough info
there to reproduce.

Also, just noticed it then, quick info tooltips seem to think comments
are tuples and """/''' strings are typeless (unless the line happens
to start with "/', or has a comma in it).

Cheers