[IronPython] IronPy Tools for VS - Projects

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Mon May 3 21:58:11 CEST 2010

Steve Dower wrote:
> > There were some bugs here and I thought we fixed them all.  Can you
> > give a little more detail?
>
> It seems somewhat unpredictable. The outlining regions occasionally
> don't fully appear when either the start or the end of the region is
> not visible (maybe my functions are just too long...) and scrolling up
> and down causes many to disappear/reappear. Occasionally the following
> def is included with the previous function (seems to happen with more
> than one unindent at the end of the function) and # comments
> 'attached' to the following class/def are sometimes included in the
> previous region. (While I'm here, another 'nice-to-have' region would
> be top-level if blocks, eg. if __name__=='__main__':)

I have a fix for the unpredictableness and scrolling - there were some
issues w/ checking to see if 2 spans intersect.   I can also repro the
comments issue but it'll be tougher to fix (I need to update the
IronPython parser).   And I even added support for top-level if blocks
being marked as collapsible regions.  But I can't repro the functions
collapsing into each other and I thought I had mostly fixed that problem.
Can you send me a file that repros it?