[Inpycon] Invitation to join PyCon India 2019 Sponsorship Workgroup

Vijay Kumar vijaykumar at bravegnu.org
Wed Feb 20 23:59:18 EST 2019

On Thursday 21 February 2019 01:44 AM, Sayan Chowdhury wrote:

> Why are we forming workgroups again? Anand C proposed workgroups[1]
> with the intention to have the workgroups remains the same over the
> years. You can always add or remove WG members based on their
> availability each year.
>

> [1] https://mail.python.org/pipermail/inpycon/2018-February/011793.html

Hi Sayan,
Thanks for bringing this up. The idea of permanent workgroups was a
start, but we need to set up the required resources and infrastructure
for the workgroups to seamlessly work across multiple editions of the
conference. I don't think this has happened.

The previous year's members are more than welcome to join the workgroup.
Atleast for sponsorships we have already contacted them as well. But,
this form is still required, for people who would like to join the
workgroup. So we would like to have a unified approach, where new
members and members from previous years can sign-up, indicating so.

The best we can do is send out individual mailers to previous year's
members and check if they are still willing to continue in the workgroup.

Regards,
Vijay