[Inpycon] Alternative Venues in Chennai

Vijay Kumar vijaykumar at bravegnu.org
Thu Feb 14 06:30:24 EST 2019

Hi Everyone,
Please find the data about various venues we have so far.

   * CTC
     - Hall A: 1000 seater
     - Hall B: 1000 seater
     - Meeting room A - 120 seater
     - Meeting room B - 40 seater
     - Additional side lobbies
     - Total cost for 1 day, inclusive of AV and WiFi
       = Rs. 7,50,000 (3.5L for venue + 2L for AV + 1L for WiFi)

   * IITM ICSR
     - Evaluated for devsprints
     - Hall 1: 40
     - Hall 2: 75
     - Hall 3: 80
     - Dining Hall 1: 150
     - Dining Hall 2: 100
     - Total cost for 1 day devsprint, inclusive of WiFi
       = Rs. 14,500 (No, I did not miss a zero there!)

   * M Convention Centre
     - Two 1000 seater halls
     - Two halls that can accomodate 500 people
     - One hall that can accomodate 150 people
     - Total cost for 1 day, inclusive of AV and WiFi
       = Rs. 11,50,000

   * GRT Radison Blu
     - Evaluated for devsprints
     - Cost per head is 1200 for Veg. and and 1400 for Non. Veg
     - WiFi cost is 1000 per connection
     - Total cost for 1 day devsprint (200 participants), inclusive of
       WiFi
       = Rs. 4,40,000

   * ITC Grand Chola
     - Has a large space to accomodate 1000 people
     - The hall can be split into multiple smaller halls
     - But the price is on the higher side, being a 7-star hotel

   * Westin
     - Maximum seating capacity is 800 people

   * Anna University
     - Has a 1000 seater halls
     - Additional halls, with 500+ seating capacity
     - The halls are 200m apart

   * SSN College
     - Auditorium One - 1000 seater
     - Auditorium Two - 200 seater
     - Location
       - 30 KM from the Aiport
       - 50 KM from the Bus Stand
       - 40 KM from the Railway Station

   * SRM College
     - Auditorium One - 3000 seater hall
     - Auditorium Two - 500 seater hall
     - Each department has auditoriums with 200+ seating capacity
     - The halls are few hundered meters apart
     - Location
       - 23 KM from the Airport

   * Anna Centenary Library
     - Auditorium - 1000 seater
     - Seminar Hall - 150 seater
     - Book Release Hall - 90 seater
     - Not suitable for multi-track event

In conclusion, we find that a combination of CTC for the
workshop / conference days and IITM ICSR for the devsprints. Suggestions
and inputs are welcome.

Regards,
Vijay