[Inpycon] venue

Anubha Dadhich sethi.anubha at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 09:35:08 CET 2011

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 1:50 PM, kausikram krishnasayee <kausikram at gmail.com
> wrote:

> > So that means that ppl from Delhi must also garner similar feelings if is
> > held in Chennai or Bangalore. You cannot bear north Indian food for two
> > days!! and you expect ample participation from python enthusiasts in
> Delhi.
> > Also, you expect everyone from Delhi would be knowing someone in Chennai.
> >

> > And you are one who talk about making a All India Python Conference..
> what a
> > joke.
>
> Whoa! calmdown people. this is not even remotely close to the topic.
> the problem is distills to this:
> irrespective of whether there is a active local user group or not,
> there needs to be active volunteer support. these are two things that
> are completely different. If Delhi can show the strength then we would
> be happy to oblige and take the conference to Delhi. i think the
> entire bit about we are not okay with the local food was in a lighter
> vein, lets not over emphasize that.
> the problem Chennai, is facing right now is to see if it has an active
> volunteer base. volunteer base != size of user group. volunteerbase==
> number of people willing to put time aside to run on the ground and
> organize the conference.
>
> This topic is already a bit touchy lets not openly flame. please.
>
> /kausik

I do not live in delhi, I live in Bangalore. This is only to make it clear
that I did not come out to speak because i have a soft corner for Delhi. It
was shocking to read the views of the most important person behind the last
two conferences. Ofcourse, userbase is a very important criteria.

The conference is not owned by one person. It is a collective responsibility
provided ppl do not let others feel sidelined.