[Inpycon] venue

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 09:56:04 CET 2011

On Thu, Feb 10 2011, Anubha Dadhich wrote:

[...]

> I do not live in delhi, I live in Bangalore. This is only to make it
> clear that I did not come out to speak because i have a soft corner
> for Delhi.

I don't have soft corners (or prejudices for that matter) for any place
or language being somewhat an unanchored person myself.

> It was shocking to read the views of the most important person behind
> the last two conferences. Ofcourse, userbase is a very important
> criteria.
> The conference is not owned by one person. It is a collective
> responsibility provided ppl do not let others feel sidelined.

In hindsight, a statment like "think twice about attending" was
inappropriate and I'm sorry that you read it that way.

All I'm saying is that venue matters (contradicting Kenneth) and giving
examples saying that even tiny things like dietary preferences and
things like that would affect people's decisions to come.

That being said, conducting it in a place that's more cosmopolitan (like
Bangalore, Delhi, Chennai) would be preferable to conducting it in a
smaller city for these reasons.

[...]