[Flask] User connected as an associated user on a Linux server

Christophe BAL (via GMAIL) projetmbc at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 09:38:31 EDT 2017

Ideally I would like to propose in a secure environment the possibility
to play with merly all the functionnalities of Python. I am thinking of
this as a dream because I know that a lot of problem can appear.

I would also like to use git in backend via an easy to use interface. In
that case the user will not know that I use a user Linux session.

C.

Le 21/04/2017 à 08:28, Gergely Polonkai a écrit :

> Depends on what you want to do.
>
> If you want to authenticate (ie. allow the user to log in with their
> system password), there are mechanisms to let you do this, although I
> think it’s a security risk.
>
> If you want to let your user execute system commands through Flask,
> and you have only one such user, you will have to run your app as that
> user. If you have more than one users, you have to run your app as
> root, which is generally a bad idea.
>
> All the above is true if you have only Flask in the game. Add task
> executors (like Celery) and you get a different (but not much
> different) answer.
>
> If you could tell us your base problem (ie. why do you need this?),
> maybe the community can come up with some alternatives.
>
> Best,
> Gergely
>

> On Thu, Apr 20, 2017, 23:17 Christophe BAL (via GMAIL)
> <projetmbc at gmail.com <mailto:projetmbc at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hello.
>

>     I hope that my message will not produce to much noise.
>

>     *Here is my question.**
>     *
>
>     Is there an easy way with flask to connect a "web user" as a Linux
>     user on the server where the flask app is hosted ?

Christophe BAL
Enseignant Agrégé de Mathématiques
Programmeur Python Amateur