[Flask] User connected as an associated user on a Linux server

Gergely Polonkai gergely at polonkai.eu
Fri Apr 21 02:28:51 EDT 2017

Depends on what you want to do.

If you want to authenticate (ie. allow the user to log in with their system
password), there are mechanisms to let you do this, although I think it’s a
security risk.

If you want to let your user execute system commands through Flask, and you
have only one such user, you will have to run your app as that user. If you
have more than one users, you have to run your app as root, which is
generally a bad idea.

All the above is true if you have only Flask in the game. Add task
executors (like Celery) and you get a different (but not much different)
answer.

If you could tell us your base problem (ie. why do you need this?), maybe
the community can come up with some alternatives.

Best,
Gergely