[EuroPython] Registration almost working

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Tue Apr 6 09:51:40 EDT 2004

Jacob Hallén <jacob at strakt.com> writes:

> I think I have managed to make the registration process into something that is
> underastandable and easy to follow.

I think you may be being overly harsh on what was done before, but,
yes.  I'm impressed!

> However, there are checks that need to be made and some polish to be added:
>
> Please make the following test runs and report each one to the europython
> mailing list (so that each person picks something untested):
>
> Swift, conference, no accomodation
> Swift, no conference, accomodation
> Swift, conference, accomodation
> Credit card, conference, no accomodation
> Credit card, no conference, accomodation
> Credit card, conference, accomodation
>
> No xxx means that you shouldn't select the button that goes to the page. Take
> extra care to check that the totals that you get to pay are correct. Vary
> T-shirt and no T-shirt between the orders. Try booking more than one bed.

I've checked a few of these, all with credit card payments.  I haven't
done the sums carefully to check that I'm being billed the correct
amount, sorry.

There were bugs in the defaults that bit you when you clicked finish
without clicking on 'book accomodation'.  I think I've fixed these.

Unless I'm being blind, the confirmation email doesn't tell you what
accomodation you've booked.  It does tell you what you've paid for
accomodation.

There's a bug in the page you get after succeeding at paying with
worldpay:

    http://starship.python.net/crew/mwh/oy.jpg

(I can probably fix this given a few moments and a bit of grepping).

It might be nice (tm) if there was a "no accomodation" option on the
accomodation page.  Currently there's a slight (and false) sense of
irrevocability about reaching this page.  Or we could just add text
that says "put a zero in this box if you don't want our accomodation".

I would be nice (tm) but possibly deeply fiddly to have the finish
button appear on the personal info page iff you've already filled out
one of the other pages.  Actually, this is probably not that hard in
ZPT-speak.

> Things that need polishing:
>
> - The forms need to get text added.

Yup.  I think bea & I are getting on to this.

> - The confirmation texts need polishing.

Yup.

> - The "book room" tab needs to be removed. It is no longer needed.

Working on it...

> - All the test entries have to be removed

Yes!  Should be easy in the ZMI, though.

> - If you don't book a room, it will show up with a number of defaults and 0
> nights. This could be done more elegantly. I don't know how though.

Finding it hard to care...

> - There is no counting of booked beds. We either have to keep tab
> manually or implement counting.

Oh well.

getting-there-ly y'rs,
mwh

--
  Whaaat? That is the most retarded thing I have seen since, oh,
  yesterday                             -- Kaz Kylheku, comp.lang.lisp