[EuroPython] Spreading the word

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 19:52:55 +0200

alessandro.maccari@nokia.com wrote:

> I'm not even sure if I should be part of this mailing list, but it was the only thing I found that could give me more info on the conference. Like me, there could be many people that haven't bothered filling the form but are interested in coming. I strongly suggest you set up the website and announce the venue and accommodation really soon. Big companies usually require people to plan their travel well in advance.

Agreed.

There is the draftwiki with all sorts of information, but
the web-site is still moving along slowly. I wonder why
nobody seems to be interested in helping out with this,
now that some real work has to be done... (I still remember
the endless discussions we had about all these "interesting"
issues like logos, web-site design, etc. we need some
"really important" stuff now, like content !)

> As an advertising means, I suggest posting a call for participation to the SEWORLD list (I haven't seen any). Mails are received by thousands of software engineers and developers around the world. More info at http://www.cs.colorado.edu/serl/seworld/.

Good idea.

Again, could somebody from the press-release team post
a short note covering the needed infos to the list or
the wiki so that we can use is as template for such
mailings ?!

Thanks,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg