[Doc-SIG] Question for Simplified Chinese translation

Shengjing Zhu zsj950618 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 12:45:19 EDT 2018

On Mon, Jul 2, 2018 at 11:36 PM Zephyr Waitzman <i at wi24rd.ml> wrote:
> My idea including:
> 1. Use some library such as opencc[5] to interact zh-tw with zh-cn, and use zhwiki's regional word convertor [6] to combinate Chinese translation.
> 2. Base some works like [8](for tutorial part) [9](which is synced with transifex).

I just looked at the current status for zh_CN/zh_TW translation
coverage. For python-newest, zh_CN is 3.06%, zh_TW is 0.95%; for
python-36, zh_CN is 0.93%, zh_TW is 1%. Both are far behind :( ,so
opencc won't help much here.
And link in [8] https://github.com/sixu05202004/pythontutorial3,
there's no license. Be sure to contact the author before you copy that
into the official translation. As noted in PEP-0545, the translations
need to be licensed under CC0.

--
Regards,
Shengjing Zhu