[Doc-SIG] Question for Simplified Chinese translation

Adrian Liaw adrianliaw2000 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 06:45:45 EDT 2018

On Tue, 3 Jul 2018 at 00:45 Shengjing Zhu <zsj950618 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just looked at the current status for zh_CN/zh_TW translation
> coverage. For python-newest, zh_CN is 3.06%, zh_TW is 0.95%; for
> python-36, zh_CN is 0.93%, zh_TW is 1%. Both are far behind :( ,so
> opencc won't help much here.

Agree.  For zh_TW translations, we're still working on tutorials, glossary
and builtin functions, they're not that much compared to other parts of the
documentations.

But once we both reach the first phase goal, I think we can start
collaborating with opencc, e.g. the zh_TW team work on the translations for
Library Reference and the zh_CN team work on Language Reference, then both
teams will have someone periodically take each other's translations,
process them using opencc, and then adjust them as Shengjing mentioned, and
eventually merge them.

This can definitely work out, we'll just have to make sure we're working on
different parts of the documentation, we can do that through a shared
project board or something like that.

Actually, right now I think library/functions is a great chance for us to
experiment on opencc as our team have barely translated the page, but I saw
the zh_CN translations have that translated about 2/3 of them already.

Best Regards,
Adrian
--
Wey-Han "Adrian" Liaw (@adrianliaw2000)