[Doc-SIG] Question for Simplified Chinese translation

Shengjing Zhu zsj950618 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 12:20:20 EDT 2018

On Mon, Jul 2, 2018 at 11:36 PM Zephyr Waitzman <i at wi24rd.ml> wrote:

> Hello, everyone.
> From historic talk I see Xiang Zhang[4] doesn't have free time, however, I want to konw more about the current state about zh-cn, is everyone can help me?Another question is how dose transifex's [7] Chinese process work?

transifex is easy to use, you just need to sign up and join the
Chinese(China) team, which is for Simplified Chinese translation.

> [10] is a talk from python-cn's googlegroups about zh-cn's translation, where someone say that his application for transifex doesn't receive reponse.

I think the admin of the transifex project is very responsive for the
join request. For example my join request got replied within 24 hours.
But it's said to say, I didn't see any activity for the current
Chinese coordinator of the transifex project. And there's no reviewer.

> My idea including:
> 1. Use some library such as opencc[5] to interact zh-tw with zh-cn, and use zhwiki's regional word convertor [6] to combinate Chinese translation.

opencc is great tool. But I don't think you can _just_ relay on it.
You still need review every words, and adjust the sentences in a
preferred way. For example, I usually use google translation when I
translate, but I won't just copy and paste. I think it's same for
opencc.

The current problem for Simplified Chinese translation is, we don't
have many people evolved in. I started the thread on python-cn mailing
list and the Telegram group, but there're very few people doing the
work.

--
Regards,
Shengjing Zhu