[Doc-SIG] much smaller idea

Chad Whitacre chad at zetaweb.com
Sun Jan 1 05:28:15 CET 2006

Hey all,

I've started experimenting with a full-on XML documentation solution,
i.e., a Python documentation DTD, etc., and have started to feel the
weight of what that would take to implement. By contrast, LaTeX doesn't
seem so bad. As has been mentioned, the markup itself is fairly light.

So then I had this idea for a potentially easy way to speed up the
workflow a bit: What about adding a comment form to the bottom of every
page on docs.python.org that posts directly to the SF bug tracker? I
envision an SF login specifically for this system. Hidden fields on the
form could record what page the comment refers to, etc.

It seems like this could be an easy way to streamline workflow for small
documentation bugs, at least.

chad