[Doc-SIG] Creating howto directory in Python CVS

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Mon Aug 29 05:26:14 CEST 2005

On Sunday 28 August 2005 21:46, A.M. Kuchling wrote:
 > I'd like to (finally) check in the HOWTOs into the main Python CVS;
 > I've begun writing new ones like the Unicode HOWTO, and it would be
 > good if more people had access to them.

I'm fine with this, but we should probably figure out a better way to deal
with publishing them.  Using SourceForge for this hasn't been the most
successful spot, I suspect.

 > Since they probably won't be added to the documentation set, they

Actually, they'd probably get a lot more maintenance if they had more
exposure.  Perhaps there should be a directory like Doc/howtos/, and the
documentation index for distributed docs would include a link to a secondary
index that exposes those documents.  There could then be a link there to the
"latest version" of the howto docs published on python.org.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.   <fdrake at acm.org>