[Doc-SIG] Re: Doc-SIG digest, Vol 1 #271 - 2 msgs

Ken Manheimer klm@digicool.com
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 12:36:31 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 9 Mar 2001, Tony J Ibbs (Tibs) wrote:

> Ken Manheimer wrote:
> [...]
> More seriously, I would be *very* interested to see more feedback
> (somewhere - to Edward Loper seems an obvious route) between the
> different ST developers, especially with explanations of *why*
> particular choices are made (accident, of course, being a useful one!)

We'll try to chime in!

> > But tony, those pages are in a wiki precisely to
> > enable the kind of thing you're suggesting!  Bravo!
>
> The problem with the Wiki is that it requires a significant investment
> of "mind space" to use it - both for monitoring it, and for working out
> what one should to to amend it so that the results one want become more
> likely. It's a heck of a lot easier to dump stuff onto a mailing list...

I didn't mean to say the wiki was a *good* way to do it, but rather that
it's in the wiki so you and others could introduce and change stuff.

(In fact, i consider wiki woefully imperfect.  WikiForNow was something i
worked on as a stopgap, while the Zope CMF is growing.  We're hoping there
to develop some wiki-type benefits while remeding some wiki shortcomings.
For instance, see http://cmf.zope.org/Members/klm/OrganizationObjects .)

Ken