[Doc-SIG] Docstring markup process

Ka-Ping Yee ping@lfw.org
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 15:08:21 -0800 (PST)

Paul Prescod made an excellent meta-proposal for docstrings at the
recent conference: rather than arguing endlessly about various
markup formats, anyone who wants to propose a particular markup format
should write a PEP describing that format in detail.  Only formats
described in a PEP will be under serious consideration.  By an agreed
deadline, we can vote on the PEPs, and then be done with it.

Of course we can discuss the various proposals here, but it's a big
step forward to get them written up and all in one place for comparison.

I strongly support this process; let's pick a deadline.

-- ?!ng

"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing
on my shoulders."
    -- Hal Abelson