[Doc-SIG] PEP-0216

Juergen Hermann Juergen Hermann" <jh@web.de
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 18:40:05 +0100

On Fri, 10 Nov 2000 15:02:02 +0200 (IST), Moshe Zadka wrote:

>c. An XML format for Python documentation, and a set of tools
>   to convert it to other formats (HTML, manpages and LaTeX is a must)
>   will replace the current hardly-manageable doc tool-chain

Convert the StructuredText markup to DocBook, and then use 4XSLT to
generate HTML (XSLT stylesheets for DocBook are there). Being able to
generate HTML with a pure Python tool chain is a minimum requirement I
think.

Manpages and LaTeX might require a Jade etc. installation still, but
it's certainly possible, and we're on Linux/FreeBSD documentation
projects ground here, i.e. the tools DO exist. They just have to be
installed in addition to Python.

So, the major work would be to convert ST-NG to DocBook, and that is
doable within the timeframe.

Ciao, J=FCrgen

--
J=FCrgen Hermann, Developer (jhe@webde-ag.de)