[Doc-SIG] "lonely" < in html 1.5.2p2 docs?

Hernán Martínez Foffani hfoffani@sofrecom.com.ar
Sun, 19 Mar 2000 16:08:41 -0300

[May be you already saw this, but it might help...]

I run the Microsoft HTML Help Compiler version 4.74.8702 on Python docs
1.5.2p2.
It complains with the warning

HHC3004: Warning: {the-page}.html : The HTML tag "<P" is not a valid HTML
tag (it does not begin with an alphanumeric character).

on the following modules:

Cmd-objects.html
examples-imp.html
module-gopherlib.html
module-mailcap.html
module-mimify.html
module-pycompile.html
module-tty.html
module-whrandom.html
pop3-example.html
subclassing-reprs.html

Apparently they contain the following (ilegal?) html code always before the
footer of the page:
<P>
<
<P>
See the lt char or tag. You can also see it with MS and Netscape browsers.

BTW, is it ok to post this things on doc-sig? I feel it is too much.

--
Hernán Martínez Foffani        hfoffani@sofrecom.com.ar
Sofrecom Argentina S.A.       www.sofrecom.com.ar          te: 54 11 43 15