[Doc-SIG] new formatted 1.5.2p2 docs

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 13:50:03 -0500 (EST)

  I've just updated the doc packages and online copy of the 1.5.2p2
documentation release.
  The packages are available at:

	ftp://ftp.python.org/pub/python/doc/.test/

and the online copy can be viewed at:

	http://www.python.org/doc/1.5.2p2/

  I haven't done nearly as much review as I'd like, and there are a
number of issues that remain to be handled, including some comments
from the members of this SIG.  I'll be spending more time on it this
weekend (especially fixing the global module index!), but I will
release next week as long as I don't break anything substantially.
Any delay beyond that and a lot of effort would be wasted!
  (Well, most of the changes will need to be merged into the 1.6
documentation, but that's not the same thing.)
  Please keep a special lookout for problems with table presentations;
I think it's right but that code can be somewhat fragile.  ;(  Also,
the API reference has changed a lot.
  I plan to mostly work on the extending & embedding manual this
weekend, and reviewing the structure of the library reference.
  Happy bug hunting!  ;)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	  <fdrake at acm.org>