[PYTHON DOC-SIG] Self-documenting code.. :-)

Fred L. Drake fdrake@CNRI.Reston.Va.US
Wed, 20 Nov 1996 09:55:47 -0500 (EST)

> Michael suggested using the grail textwidget, sounds like a good idea,
> will take a look, but I would like to emphasize that the 'markup'
> language should be the same as the one agreed on for python sources.

Andy,
  Try writing a "parser" for the text/x-python MIME type for Grail;
this should be sufficient.  The class used for Grail could simply be a
Tkinter-using subclass of a more general base class for Python source
browsing, and another subclass could be written for curses or
whatever.
  Perhaps the gendoc package or the even the parser module
documentation might provide some useful ideas.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.
fdrake@cnri.reston.va.us