[PYTHON DOC-SIG] Self-documenting code.. :-)

Andy Eskilsson x-aes@telelogic.se
20 Nov 1996 14:57:20 +0100

Thinking a bit more.. what would be nice is some kind of browser that
could be used for example by developers, they do 'helpbrowse
script.py', up pops a window that contains the 'master' doc-string
(maybe 'folded' in some way) of script.py, and from there links to the
function/class doc-strings, also links to imported modules, so they
can be browsed.

Hopefully this is done so it is possible to use it from a unix-prompt,
not only under some window manager.

Michael suggested using the grail textwidget, sounds like a good idea,
will take a look, but I would like to emphasize that the 'markup'
language should be the same as the one agreed on for python sources.

	/Andy

p.s. Hmm people want to have the documentation outside the python
     code, maybe add ability to browse external files too, sort of,
     tada.. the problem with documentation for 'external' modules
     is solved.. hmm

--
  Hi I am an alien .sig, and at the  | Unsolicited commercial email is
 moment I am having sex to your mind,|subject to an archival fee of $400.