[C++-sig] GSoC and py3k support for Boost.Python

Haoyu Bai divinekid at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 10:06:30 CET 2009

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 2:30 AM, troy d. straszheim <troy at resophonic.com> wrote:
> 1.  What are the responsibilities of the mentor(s)?

I took a loot at GSoC FAQ [1] but indeed there's no specifically
requirement for mentor. I think a mentor is who in charge of to help
the student to find out solution for problems, supervise the project's
progress and (maybe most importantly) write GSoC mid-term and final
report for the project. Also, the mentor will be paid $500 for these
work.

> 2.  Do you need an individual mentor?  Would a small group do?  Would the
> general support of the mailing list work?

Boost maybe applied as a mentor organization in GSoC, and then mentors
attached to the organization. For every project a mentor is allocated
by Boost's administrator, (and maybe one more backup mentor is
allocated). So there should be an individual mentor to responsible for
this project.

[1] http://socghop.appspot.com/document/show/program/google/gsoc2009/faqs

Thanks!

-- Haoyu Bai