[Catalog-sig] adding trove classifiers?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Dec 27 19:32:47 CET 2005

Kevin Dangoor wrote:
> If it's difficult to add trove classifiers, then maybe it's worth
> adding them in bulk... but there will always be new things coming
> along, and as long is the process is understood and not too onerous,
> it would seem to make sense to add classifiers only when add-ons for a
> package start showing up.

Adding them to PyPI is easy. On your side, just submit a
support request or bug report to

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pypi

One of the PyPI committers can then easily edit that in
(although it may take some time before somebody
works on the report, anyhow).

The difficult part is to come to an agreement what the classifier
should be. I would personally put it under Environment::Web
Environment.